Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the hazelnuts in a shallow baking dish and bake for about 8 mins or until the skins begin to split and the nuts are toasted. Place the nuts in a clean tea towel and rub vigorously to remove the skins. Chop the nuts coarsely.
- Bring the milk, cream and hazelnuts to a boil in a medium saucepan. Cover and remove from the heat. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl until creamy. Gradually whisk the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture. Return the mixture to the saucepan on low heat. Stir, without boiling, until the mixture thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon. Run a finger through the custard on the back of the spoon -- it should hold its shape. Add the chocolate hazelnut spread and whisk until combined.
- Transfer the custard to a large bowl and press plastic wrap over the surface of custard. Cool slightly. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold. Strain the mixture into a bowl to remove hazelnuts. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according the manufacturer's directions until firm.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, transfer the mixture to a shallow container. Cover with foil and freeze until almost firm. Chop the ice cream coarsely, then place in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat the ice cream until smooth. Pour into a deep container, cover and freeze until firm. Serve scooped in cones, if desired.
|Calories680Calories from Fat510|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat510|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.