- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (divided)
- 1 firm tofu (package of medium-, cubed and dried with paper towel)
- 3 asian eggplants (long, quartered into 3-inch strips)
- 1/2 onion (large, very thinly sliced, use a mandolin, if you have one)
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds (each:, turmeric, sea salt)
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 can water
- 15 ounces chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- cilantro (to serve)
|Calories520Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
David R. 7 months ago
Very tasty way to eat eggplant. Will make again.
Zedd a year ago
Super tasty! Will make it again!
Lauren M. 2 years ago
Sooooo good! This is a great recipe for making your first curry.
B 2 years ago
So delicious!! I added two fresh diced jalapeños and cooked them with the onion. I have made it with and without tofu.
Golnaz Holt 2 years ago
It was really good. I would definitely make it again
Jo Maglietta 2 years ago
This dish is awesome! Everything about it was delicious and turned out how I hoped it would. I threw in a bit of peanut butter just cause I like the flavor it adds. Definitely going to use this one again and again
Melissa 2 years ago
Hands down, five stars. It turned out flavorful, with the right amount of heat, and the eggplant cooked just right! Plus the recipe was easy to follow. Highly recommend!