Char Shui Style BBQ Pork Tenderloin with Rice and Cabbage SaladPORK
This dish can be prepared ahead of time and assembled the day of celebration. GUNG HAY FAT CHOY! Recipe developed by Ray Tang, courtesy of the National Pork Board
Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Place pork in a resealable plastic bag. Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl (2 Tbs hoisin sauce, 2 Tbs grenadine, 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp sesame oil); pour over pork in bag. Turn bag to coat pork with marinade. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. (Line roasting pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up, if desired.) Remove pork from bag; discard marinade. Place pork on rack in roasting pan and roast for 20-27 minutes or until the pork’s internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- For salad, combine rice, cabbage, carrots, nuts, 1 cup chopped cilantro and green onions in a large bowl. Stir together 1/4 cup soy sauce, 3 Tbs vinegar, 3 Tbs canola oil, 2 Tbs sugar (optional), 1/4 cup minced cilantro, 1 Tbs sesame seeds and 2 tsp sesame oil in small bowl; pour over rice mixture. Lightly toss until combined.
- Thinly slice pork and serve over rice salad*
- *In Chinese tradition, one is not allowed to use a knife on the first day of the New Year. This dish can be prepared ahead of time and assembled the day of celebration. GUNG HAY FAT CHOY!