- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning (McCormick® Perfect Pinch®, divided)
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli florets (thawed)
- 16 ounces cauliflower florets (frozen, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion (large, chopped, 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (McCormick®)
- 1/4 teaspoon mccormick black pepper, coarse ground
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese (cubed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning in small bowl. Set aside. Cut up any large broccoli or cauliflower florets into bite-size pieces.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper. Add milk; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add vegetables; toss gently to coat. Spoon into 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle top evenly with crumb mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly browned.
|Calories340Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Bunny 4 months ago
Very good and will make it again.
Bonnie Srubas a year ago
It’s a little bland and watery still. Im not sure I’d make it again, but it’s not bad as a side with something with more flavor
Bernie Cloos a year ago
it was tasty as is. i will make it again
Shae Allen a year ago
I used panko italian breadcrumbs and it turned out delicious, will definitely make this again!
Frankie Brown 2 years ago
Great! I wouldn't change a thing, but a garlic clove would probably be tasty
Shirley Kobylnyk 2 years ago
It was great! Only change was for using Panko crumbs instead of bread crumbs. Next time I might kick up the spices, and use garlic clove instead of the garlic salt. But this will definitely be a family favourite for future family gatherings!
MaryLou W. 3 years ago
In addition to the garlic salt, I sautéed several garlic cloves (to taste) with the onions. I also prefer the Panko bread crumbs. For a fairly bland vegetable, I thought this helped perk the taste buds!
Joyce King 3 years ago
I only modified portion and didn't have Parmesan on hand so I used Asiago..it is wonderful!!! I also had some kohlrabi from my CSA box and added that to the cauliflower and broccoli.
Tina S. 4 years ago
delicious didn't change a thing will make this a lot husband smoked ribs & we had this as a side dish instead of potatoes