- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs
- freshly ground pepper
- kosher salt
- sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 pound red skinned potatoes (about 2 inches, 5 cm. in diameter, quartered)
- 8 carrots (halved lengthwise and then cut into 1 1/2-inch, 4-cm. pieces)
- 1 tablespoon flour (or gluten-free flour mix, for a gluten-free meal)
- 1 1/3 cups low sodium chicken broth (11 fl. oz./330 ml.)
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth (3 fl. oz./80 ml., or dry white wine)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme (minced)
|Calories490Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Marie Nicroche 11 days ago
Family really enjoyed it. Great comfort food. Think I'll try it with green beans next time and use less potatoes.
marty 4 months ago
it was very good. easy to make. the carrots took a littke longer to cook but came out fine. i will defenetly make this again but i will try it with dry white wine instead of vermouth.
YumChef 4 months ago
Very tasty! I will make it again!
DaStew 6 months ago
Made this without wine, it was amazing!
Delilah Johnson 7 months ago
It was delicious! I had to add some more seasoning, but overall, I loved it!
Amy 10 months ago
Delicious! No red onions in the cupboard so I used leeks. Added a little cream and some baby spinach leaves as well.
Mel a year ago
Fantastic! Very flavorful and easy to make. Will definitely be making this again.
Janet D. a year ago
Quite delicious! Made it exactly according to the recipe.
Deborah Mizrahi 2 years ago
Perfect! Super tasty and easy to make
Rachel Shippas 3 years ago
This was delicious. I did not have a red onion, used a regular yellow one and I only had fresh Rosemary. This was a very filling and hearty dinner. It wasn't heavy. It was just right. My entire family ate this hungrily. Great!
Richard K. 3 years ago
I strayed pretty far from the recipe to use ingredients that I already had on-hand, but it turned out great! (For instance, I only used 2 skinless boneless chicken thighs, I threw in an un-measured amount of frozen mixed veggies and an unlabeled mystery spice that my ex left in the cupboard, and I had no fresh thyme or onions. I used dried thyme.)