Angel Food Cupcakes with Mixed Berry Whipped Cream FrostingPAIGEJOHNSON444575
Summer is the time for desserts. These Angel Food Cupcakes with Mixed Berry Whipped Cream Frosting are no exception. They are light, fluffy, and are extremely tasty!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse sugar until super fine, about 2 minutes. In a mixing bowl, sift together half of the sugar, the cake flour and the salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites, water, vanilla and cream of tartar until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add remaining sugar to mixture, until medium peaks form. Sift just enough of the flour mixture in to evenly dust the top of the egg white mixture and using a spatula gently fold flour layer into egg white mixture and continue this process until all of the flour mixture has been incorporated.
- Divide batter among paper lined muffin cups, filling each cup nearly full. Bake in preheated oven 18 - 20 minutes until golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely then spread Cream Cheese Whipped Cream over cupcakes just before serving and top with fresh fruit.
- For the Cream Cheese Whipped Cream Topping: Pulse half of the bag of freeze dried fruit in a food processor or coffee grinder until fine. In a mixing bowl whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. In a separate mixing bowl, whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add cream cheese to whipped cream along with powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. Add in the ground fruit and mix until well incorporated. Store in refrigerator.
|Calories210Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.