®/™©2022 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
6-Ingredient Orange Chicken
This crispy, sweet, and tangy restaurant classic comes together quickly, so have all of your ingredients ready to go before you begin cooking. Though a wok might be traditional, a large saute pan works just as well because there is plenty of surface area in contact with the heat for browning meat and reducing sauces. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Julia Lee.
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces. Combine the chicken, salt, and cornstarch in a medium bowl and set aside while you prepare other ingredients.
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Zest and juice the orange, and combine in a separate small bowl. Thinly slice the green onions on the diagonal and set aside for serving.
- Set a dry, large, heavy-bottomed saute pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the oil, swirling to coat the bottom. Add the chicken and spread pieces into a single layer. Cook until well browned on underside, 2-3 minutes. Turn pieces over and cook until browned on second side, 2-3 minutes. Transfer chicken to a bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the vinegar-sugar mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then cook until thickened slightly, about 30 seconds. Add the zest and juice and return chicken to pan. Cook, stirring well, until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with the reserved green onions and serve immediately.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories330Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.