Bacon Wrapped Sweet Chili Shrimp
(Photo via Doug DuCap)
- 24 thin bamboo skewers or toothpicks
- 12 slices pre-cooked bacon
- 24 cooked & peeled jumbo shrimp
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- Soak the skewers or toothpicks in water for about 5 minutes.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half. Wrap bacon around the middle of each shrimp and secure with a skewer or toothpick. (Note: You can leave the tail on or remove it, as desired.)
- Brush the wrapped shrimp with sweet chili sauce on both sides. Place shrimp in a broiling pan and broil briefly until bacon is lightly colored, turning once
- Dip both sides of each shrimp lightly in chopped macadamias. You can return them to the broiler for a few seconds to toast the macadamias, but it's not necessary.
(Recipe via About)